How to Get Rid of Dark Circles Naturally
Getting rid of the dark circle can be a big problem and it sometimes even difficult to conceal it with makeup also. It can even make you look much older than your age. You may have a good night sleep but still some dark circles seem to stick to you and you may do what you like they don’t seem to budge. Then does that mean that we have to live with them. There are some very simple solutions which can help you in lightening these of dark circles and not letting them get worse.
What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes
Dark circles around the eyes, often ridiculed as the raccoon look, tend to make the person appear tired and sick and detracts from the over all appearance of the person. The main reason for dark circles is exhaustion and lack of sleep, but there are other factors as well that cause dark circles around the eyes. The veins around the eyes become more prominent with advancing age, making the skin around the eyes appear shaded and darker.
Another reason for dark circles around the eyes is an imbalanced diet which can lead to various deficiencies causing the skin to lose its vitality. Hyper pigmentation caused by excessive exposure to the harmful ultra-violet rays of the sun can also cause the area around the eyes to become darker. Finally certain drugs and medications can lead to the side-effect of dark circles around the eyes. While the easiest fix for dark circles is applying make-up to disguise them, there are several simple home remedies that can help to gradually reduce the dark circles over a period of time.
Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles Under Eyes
1. The best and most popular home remedy for dark circles is application of cold and wet tea bags on the closed eyes. The tannin acid in the eyes is beneficial for the eyes, helping to relax them, reduce any swelling and also gets rid of the dark circles.
2. One of the best ways is to use pineapple juice under the eyes. It has the ability to make the dark circle lighter as well as get rid of puffiness under the eyes. Use it regularly to get remove dark circles from under the eyes.
3. Alternately cotton balls or a soft towel soaked in rose water can also be applied on the closed eyes to relax the eyes and rejuvenate them.
4. Another way to relax exhausted eyes and reduce the dark circles is to apply slices of cucumber on the closed eyes or wiping the area around the eyes with a cotton ball soaked in cucumber juice.
5. Massaging the skin around the eyes gently using a mixture of almond oil and lemon juice is beneficial for relaxing the eyes as well as reducing the dark circles.
6. Another effective way to reduce the dark circles around the eyes is by applying a mixture of honey and raw milk around the eyes and washing it off after an hour once it has dried completely. This helps to reduce the dark circles and also improves the skin complexion.
7. A mixture of lemon juice and tomato juice can be applied on the eye lids and around the eyes, using a cotton ball soaked in the mixture. Repeating this procedure twice a day is beneficial for reducing the dark circles.
8. A mixture of turmeric powder and lemon juice can also be applied on the eyes to lighten the dark circles.
9. You can use a moisturizer or some other under eye cream which has vitamin K in it. It may not be possible to get rid of dark circles under the eye completely and you may have to use good quality cream to hide them.
10. Taking care of your health and drinking a lot of water is also useful. Water keeps the body hydrated which conceals any dark circles under the eyes. It is crucial to consume adequate liquids in the form of water and fresh fruit juices to keep the body and skin naturally hydrated.
11. In addition to this, it is important to include a healthy proportion of Vitamin C and Vitamin A in your diet to promote the health of the eyes and skin. Also get adequate exercise and at least eight hours of relaxed sleep daily.
These simple, effective solutions can help you reduce the dark under eye circles that you see, and give you the confidence that you need to feel good about your appearance.