Get Rid of Dark Spots on FaceAs most people grow older they tend to have dark spots on face. Some are so visible that it can’t even cover up with makeup foundation. The worst part is that these dark patches on face can spread easily when you choose to ignore it. It will not get any better until you seek help such as home remedies for dark spots on face or consult a skin specialist.
Dark spots are pigmented areas on the skin that usually start to appear in middle age. They can be caused by several factors. In some cases, dark spots may appear on the skin due to skin trauma. This is most evident in the case of skin infections like acne, which often leave behind dark spots on the skin.
Other skin conditions that may result in development of the dark spots include linea fusca and erythromelanosis follicularis. The intake of certain medications may also cause dark spots on the body. Another very common cause of dark spots is exposure to the sun. The ultra violet radiation present in the sun’s rays can have adverse effects on the skin. It stimulates the melanocytes or melanin-producing cells to over produce melanin. This results in darkened spots on the skin.
Dark spots may also occur during pregnancy due to the hormonal changes taking place in the body. Certain medical conditions may sometimes contribute to the development of dark spots. Such conditions include Addison’s disease, liver disorders, pituitary tumors and hemachromatosis. Stress can also bring about hormonal fluctuations in the body, thereby resulting in formation of dark spots.
Best Natural Remedies for Dark Spot Removal
1. Dark spots usually are spread over the face as well as the neck. One of the ways to protect facial and neck area is to apply sun block. Sunscreen must be applied half an hour before sun exposure to allow it to take effect. At the same wear hats and big sun glasses to cover up these sensitive areas which are usually prone to dark spots on skin.
2. To reduce the effects of sun exposure and lighten dark spots, cleanse your face with buttermilk. Scrub your skin gently for at least twenty minutes before taking a bath every day. Done regularly, this will work well in lightening darkened areas of the skin.
3. There are many home solutions to remove these dark spots on face or at least help to alleviate it. It is believed that juices from citric fruit when apply to these darks spots will help to bleach out naturally.
4. Honey is another beneficial natural remedy for the skin. Apply some warm honey to the affected areas and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
5. Get your skin scrub weekly with the popular remedy by mixing honey and sour cream. These two combination act as moisturizing agent and at the same time reduce the dark spots on face.
6. A watermelon rind is another effective remedy for the dark spots on skin. Watermelon skin when rub on these dark patches can help lighten or remove dark or brown spots.
7. Skin discolorations may also be treated using aloe vera gel. You can cut aloe vera leaf and use the gel to rub on these dark spots. It helps in lightening the skin and preventing further damage.
8. Apple cider vinegar is your all around DIY household product help to lighten the skin. You can apply apple cider vinegar directly to the skin by mixing one part vinegar and one part water. It will help to lighten dark spots on skin.
9. Lemon helps to lighten the skin naturally due to its bleaching properties. Application of lemon juice directly on the dark spots will cause them to lighten.
10. The lemon juice can be mixed and blend with honey, oats, apricots, parsley and cucumber to prepare the best mask to clean up these dark spots on face without having to see a dermatologist naturally.
11. You can apply honey for removing dark spots on your face caused by acne scarring, sunburns, and age spots. You can also add wheat germ oil to the honey before using it.
12. Vitamin E oil may also be applied to get rid of skin discolorations. Massage pure Vitamin E oil directly onto your dark spots. The Vitamin E in coconut oil can also help lighten dark spots on skin.
13. The juice of horseradish serves as another effective home remedy for treating dark spots. The juice works as a natural bleach to lighten dark spots on skin.
14. Always drink enough water daily around 8 to 10 glasses plus consume lots of greens and fresh fruit. Fruit and vegetable diet will help to detoxify your body and thus beneficial to the skin overall. It also helps to keep the skin hydrated all the time and keep it flawless.