How to Get Rid of Dark Skin around MouthSkin discoloration around mouth, forehead, nose, and other areas is not an unusual occurrence. Dark skin discoloration around mouth or lips is a result of increased pigmentation of the skin (hyperpigmentation), which may take place for a number of reasons. Melanin tends to concentrate more on certain areas of the skin such as around the mouth, which has the tendency to darken more easily when exposed to sunlight. Besides this, the layer of skin around the mouth is very thinner, making it more prone to dark skin discoloration, dry skin, and wrinkles. Hormonal changes and lifestyle also make the skin around mouth dark. A build-up of dead skin cells around the mouth also causes the dry skin around mouth and skin discoloration around mouth . Having dark circles around mouth can be unattractive. Brown marks and pigmentation around mouth due to Melasma can be treated with laser, bleaching creams, and chemical peels. If the skin around the mouth is somewhat darker than the rest of the face, there are home remedies that you can try to get rid of dark skin around mouth naturally. Following are some of the best home remedies for removing discoloration of skin around mouth.
Best Home Remedies to Remove Dark Skin Discoloration around MouthTo restore an even skin tone and to get rid of skin discoloration around mouth, you may try the following natural homemade remedies.
1. One of the best natural ways to lighten dark skin and dryness around mouth is to stay away from direct sunlight. To prevent skin discoloration around mouth, it is essential to apply sunscreen lotions regularly. The use of a sunscreen with an SPF factor of 30 will protect the skin from the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun. A sunscreen with titanium, zinc, and avobenzone as ingredients is extremely effective in blocking out UVA and UVB rays.
2. You can apply lemon juice to get rid of darkness around mouth due to melasma. Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Massaging the dark around mouth with the lemon juice is the best home remedy for lightening the dark skin around mouth. It will also reduce dry skin around mouth.
3. If you have dark spots, patches or dry dark skin around mouth, use coconut oil and coconut water to lighten black ring around mouth. Rub coconut oil on the dark pigmentation around mouth every night before going to bed. Wash it up in the morning. Regular application of this home remedy will help you get rid of dark skin around mouth and dryness fast. Coconut water can also be used as a toner as it makes the skin soft and supple. Wash your face with coconut water at least twice a day for lightening the dark ring around mouth.
4. Prepare a paste using 1 teaspoon of gram flour, 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder, and 1/2 cup of curd. Apply this skin lightening pack over the dark spots and patches on the upper lip area and leave it on for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. Rubbing off this mask carefully when it is completely dry will also help to get rid of dead skin cells that make skin around lips appear dry, dark, and wrinkled.
5. For lightening the dark skin on lips and around mouth, apply a mixture of 3 to 4 drops of lime juice and a grated tomato on the lips and skin around mouth for about 20 minutes and then wash off gently. This home remedy will enhance your darker skin into a fair complexion. You can also apply this pack to dark skin around eyes to get rid of under eye circles.
6. Prepare a mixture of grated cucumber and lime juice. Apply it on the discolored skin around the mouth and leave the treatment for 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water. This is one of the best home remedies for removing skin discoloration around mouth and for getting rid of dry skin and wrinkles around mouth or laugh lines. You can also apply it over the dark skin around the eyes to remove those dreaded dark circles.
7. Take some oatmeal along with curd and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the dark around moth and leave it for a few minutes and wash it off. This home remedy works well for lightening darkened skin on the upper lip. This home remedy is also effective for getting rid of lip wrinkles naturally.
8. Tanning causes dark ring around the mouth. If you have dark skin patches on face caused due to blemishes or sun tan, you can apply potato juice. Take out potato juice by crushing and squeezing a potato. Apply it on your discolored skin around mouth for 15 minutes. This home remedy is best for removing the tan and making the mouth area fair and blemish-free.
9. A combination of curd, lemon juice, and honey can prove to be beneficial for lightening the dark pigmentation around mouth and corners. This will also help to get rid of dryness around mouth area. Curd, lemon juice, and honey have natural bleaching properties to lighten the dark pigmentation around mouth. Take a teaspoon of all the three ingredients and mix it. Apply it over the brown area around the mouth and keep for 20 minutes. You can also apply this homemade mask on your neck to get rid of dark skin around neck.
10. Application of lime juice with turmeric powder can also lighten the dark skin around the mouth. This homemade dark skin treatment reduces dark circles around mouth, removes dry skin around mouth, and gives shine to the mouth area.
11. Coconut oil and walnut powder make good exfoliator for removing dry dark skin patches from the face. To get rid of skin discoloration around mouth and lips, make a paste of coconut oil and crushed walnuts and apply it on your discolored skin around mouth and lips. Massage the scrub gently for a few minutes and rinse with cold water or rose water. This dark skin home remedy lightens, softens, and smoothens the dark and dry skin around mouth.
Applying these simple home remedies will help you get rid of skin discoloration around mouth naturally. These home remedies for removing dark skin patches and discoloration around mouth will take some time to show results, but regular use will lead to permanent cure.